To start the new year and get us through the dreary January blues, we’re reflecting on our people’s hard work and achievements from the past year.
As a people business it’s our people that set us apart, and the particular way in which we all work together. Each of us contributes in our own distinct way — from specialist knowledge and skills, to ideas and problem-solving, to sheer enthusiasm and drive to get things done. We and our people are always reaching for amazing, the Hollis Way.
Over the last year…
- We’ve had over 100 new starters
- We’ve promoted 60 people
- 17 surveyors have passed their APC including two in measured surveying across Ashford, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester, Nottingham and Welwyn
- One new Chartered Engineer and one new Chartered Architectural Technologist
- Senior Partner John Woodman became Master of the Worshipful Company of Chartered Surveyors
- Partner Tom Pugh became FRICS and a member of the International Property Measurement Standard Coalition Standard Setting Committee (IPMSC SSC)
- Four of our building surveyors were shortlisted at the RICS Matrics Young Surveyor of the Year Awards
- 15 people passed qualifications and certificates in various subjects such as BREEAM, IES Level 5, Dynamics 365 Customization & Configuration, PR, and drone licence, amongst others
- We’re also proud to have raised over £6,000 and counting for our Charity of the Year, Acorns
But we’re not here to just celebrate their professional achievements. Some of our people have accomplished some great personal successes and milestones too.
- Two of our Partners, Chris Sullivan and Phil White, have now been with the business for 20 years
- Six of our people have been with Hollis for 10 years including Partners Craig Munro and Robert Ballantyne
- 20 babies with more to come in 2020
- 11 furry friends
- Seven engagements
- Seven weddings
- 20 personal challenges including The LandAid Ambassador Challenge, The Dublin City Marathon, The Great North Run, Volunteering in Nepal, a 111km run from London to Milton Keynes, and Steptober. All raising money for a number of charities and causes including LandAid, Willen Hospice, Prostate Cancer UK, WWF, Mind and many others.
- Emma Martinez won the UCEM Academic Excellence Award after reaching the shortlist of six out of approx. 4,000 students. Emma was nominated for her master’s degree dissertation.
- Paul Freyne from our Finance team holds the global record for the highest number of Parkrun events with 500 park runs taken in 494 locations!
- Our company band Panic! at the Disto bagged two awards at Construction Rocks
We’ve also continued to ‘find the fun’ by getting together at our annual summer away day and Christmas party, pub quizzes, quarterly lunches in all our offices, and our charity activities throughout the year.
We have a great team of people at Hollis and by working together, we achieve our goals. We’re looking forward to another year of doing things better by doing things together, in a way that’s all together different.