A better outcome for you
Market-leading expertise, a commercial mindset and a pragmatic, proactive approach have made us the pre-eminent firm in dilapidations. Whether you’re a tenant or landlord, you can trust us to secure you the best possible lease settlement, delivered rapidly and without fuss. We deal with more than 1,500 instructions a year, and our role goes beyond problem solving, creating solutions that enable you to plan ahead for a better outcome.
Confidence in expertise
We’re the only independent commercial building consultancy offering in-house legal counsel, with a team that includes Vivien King and Nicholas Dowding QC, widely regarded as one of the UK’s top real estate QCs. We’ve worked with the RICS since its foundation to develop the protocols that define dilapidations practice, and we’re frequently called on for expert opinions in key dilapidations cases. We collaborate closely with our M&E team and other in-house specialisms, so that you have precisely the capabilities you need, all working together.
- Assessment of dilapidations liability for tenant / landlord
- Break clause advice and guidance on compliance works
- Compliant FRS 102 accountancy assessments for occupiers and guidance with compliance / negotiating financial settlements
- General strategy advice / implementation / Section 18 (1) guidance
- Interim / terminal defenses for tenants
- Itinerary schedules
- Monitoring compliance works for landlords / tenants
- Negotiating scope of works for tenant
- Portfolio dilapidations management for tenants / landlords
- Preparation of schedules for landlords and negotiation of financial settlements
- Preparation of interim / terminal claim for landlord